Sunday, June 7, 2009

an encouraged heart.

so today has just been a very encouraging day. a wonderful day. so i rejoice in it. God is so good and He never ceases to amaze me and give me the encouragement that i need right when i need it. over the past week i have really felt like God has shown me that this is right where i'm suppose to be. at least in this moment and for now. i will wait patiently until He shows me where i will go next. but today i have been encouraged in knowing that i am right where He wants me to be. i am suppose to be singing in the choir. although i am not singing in the capacity i would like to be, He has me right where He wants me. i also know that i am sooo excited about teaching the 2's class. it's funny how the verse used today in the class was this...


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." --Joshua 1:9

the teacher told the children that God would be with them wherever they go. i've heard this verse over and over again, yet it was what i needed to hear today. there are a lot of things going on in my heart and life that can be stressful and discouraging. yet i have a great God who is always with me to help me through and to give me the grace i need to get through each day and every situation i face. it brought to my mind a song by the band Tenth Avenue North that has touched my heart. the song is called "By My Side" and it just echoes the fact that God is always with us and wants to be there because He loves us. i will let the song speak for itself now because it just says it so perfectly. [and i highly suggest you check out the band's other songs because they are just filled with encouragement and inspiration!]

Why are you striving these days

Why are you trying to earn grace

Why are you crying

Let me lift up your face

Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love

Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough

To where will you go child

Tell me where will you run

To where will you run

And I'll be by your side

Wherever you fall

In the dead of night

Whenever you call

And please don't fight

These hands that are holding you

My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side

They swallowed the grave on that night

When I drank the world's sin

So I could carry you in

And give you life

I want to give you life

Cause I, I love you

I want you to know

That I, I love you

I'll never let you go

i hope that the words of this song encourage you in the way that it has encouraged me.

until next time, peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment