Sunday, April 28, 2013

your words.

2Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. 3At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— 4that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. 5Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 6Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Colossians 4:2-6


I've been at my aunt's church the last two Sundays. This passage was what the pastor preached on today. I've been constantly reminded of the power of my words lately and how they can affect others, but also how they can come back and haunt me. Even if what I said was not meant for malice or to inflict pain, they can be taken the wrong way and twisted into something else. My prayer today was for God to help my words be few. Calculated. Encouraging. Challenging. Worthy of other's ears. Pleasing to God. I can be too quick to speak and too quick to cast judgement. I want my words to be gracious and ones that are used for telling others about what God has done in my life and what He has done, can do, and will do for them if they ask. 


No comments:

Post a Comment