Tuesday, July 12, 2011

blessings.

I found this quote in my journal from last year, just thought I'd share it with you and let it speak for itself.

"My friend, your places of greatest disappointment are your greatest opportunity to let Jesus live through you. In just such times, you will experience your greatest growth or worst failure. Trust Jesus to fill your heart with His pure, unconditional LOVE for others."

This quote struck a chord in my heart last year because of some trials I was going through. I was at a breaking point and wondering where my place was. What my purpose was. Why was I going through this same thing again and again? Love was not at the forefront of my mind and I had very little of it for others. I was self centered and focused only on my needs, wants, and desires. I had also lost sight of God's plan for me. I thought I was in control. Yet, I was powerless to make anything "good" happen. Sometimes when I read my past journal entries I become very sad. There were some very down times in my life. Times when no one knew that I was struggling. Times I felt very alone. I still have those moments, but God has been ever faithful to show me that He has always been with me...even during those times when I felt like no one cared. He has also blessed me with so many people in my life who I know do care about me. So then He can give me a little kick and reopen my eyes to all the many blessings in my life if I have those moments of doubt. I know I am not alone. I am human and will still have these moments of self-doubt, fear, and worry. But Jesus will never leave me, and He has given me such a wonderful group of people to encourage me and lift me up in times of need. I am so thankful for all of my friends! I love you all!


PS. I have a pretty amazing family too--love you ALL as well! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment