Monday, August 1, 2011

vacation.


I love vacations. I love getting away. I love seeing new/different things. I love seeing/meeting people. I love going to try out new places to eat. I love doing things I don't normally do at home. Of course then there's the whole being lazy on vacation. It's nice to just get away from the busy, fastpacedness of life and just sit back and relax.

That's what I loved about last week on my vacation. I could sleep in until whenever. I didn't have anywhere I had to be. I could just sit by the pool and read. Ride my bike to the beach. Play in the water and just not worry about life back home.

Sometimes I wish I could live somewhere else...like the beach. It would be nice to be in a setting that's so relaxing all the time. Of course, I'd probably end up being a bum--then have to come back to reality. Hence the need for yearly vacations to allow for the time to just sit back and forget about life. Although you never do forget. It's still there---looming over you as the clock ticks away until the day you have to leave your paradise. But it just makes you long that much more for your vacation throughout the year. I look forward to going back to the beach--or just getting out of town in general. I've got a few plans up my sleeve. I just wish I had the unlimited resources to hop on a plane and fly to wherever or get in my car and drive to the coast. But, I don't. I guess that's what retirement is for?! I don't know--I just know I've gotta get myself in gear and back into a work/study mode. Back to real life it is...hahaha. :)


Here's a little piece of beauty for you to enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment