Thursday, August 25, 2011

fresh starts.

Do you ever think about how many "fresh starts" you get in your life? There are actually more than you think. In fact, everyday brings a "fresh start". You have a new day--one with no mistakes in it. One in which you can choose to do great things. Be extraordinary. There are also other "fresh starts"--first day of school, first day of a new job, etc. Last night was a "fresh start" for CG Kids this year. I was really excited to be back working with the kiddos last night. We had around 65 kids!! That's pretty awesome! I'm hoping they'll keep coming--and that more will come. Now, I also pray for more people to help serve in this awesome ministry of CG Kids. It's definitely worth the time on Wednesday nights. The kids are so energizing and encouraging to be around. They always have something funny to say, questions to ask, and plenty of energy to use up during the hour. I've missed being around the kids this summer, they have a funny way of making my day brighter. I just hope that I can brighten some of their days. I don't know where all of these kids come from or what their lives are like at home. I just hope I can show them lots of love, joy, hope, encouragement, and a smile. And of course hugs, high fives, fist pounds, and an open lap when they want to come sit with me. I love these kids and I'm so excited about this new year and the "fresh start" of CG Kids for this 2011/2012 school year. I pray God does EXTRAORDINARY things through all the kids and through all of us who work with them!

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"
Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment