Friday, December 30, 2011

2011: a year in review.

It's funny how at the end of every year we tend to look back at the year and think about everything we did[or didn't do] and make a list of things we plan to accomplish in the next year. We even dream about what the new year will be like. But I'm almost certain most of us do not even expect what happens in the new year. When we look back at a year in review we remember where we were a year ago and what was going on in our lives. So as I pause to look back at 2011, I remember where I was this time last year and what I had hoped for 2011.

This time last year...
1. I had a full time job at a daycare.
2. I lived at home with my parents and little brother.
3. I sang in the Engage service.
4. I had plans to quit my job.
5. I had dreams that I wanted to come true.
6. I was in fairly good health.
7. I had gotten over another major disappointment.

As I look at where I am now, there are still several things that haven't changed. Now for the things that have.

This year...
1. I'm self-employed working in the business world.
2. I am almost fully recovered from a major surgery that I had 6 weeks ago today.
3. I now work with CG Kids on Wednesday nights.
4. I've learned a lot about relationships.
5. I'm patiently waiting[attempting] for that special person...with a new perspective on it.


It really is funny how things happen. You have such high expectations for the new year to come. And as I look back, I had things happen that I wanted to happen. Now how those things happened or the outcomes weren't necessarily what I wanted, but God has taught me a lot. I also now see why certain things happened. This time last year I didn't know that I was going to have some pretty big health issues. If I was still working at the daycare--well let's just say I would have lost my job anyways because of those issues. God was gracious in a lot of things. Some things I don't "love" about my life have been blessings. I'm right where I'm suppose to be. Even if I do get very frustrated with things, I know that God is working and He has plans and a purpose for me that are for my good.

This year I'm not going to make a list of things I want to accomplish next year. I have things I want to do and things I want to happen[but that's been a running list for quite a few years now, so why bother with a list]. But I trust that 2012 will be another year filled with many blessings and lessons. Regardless of what they are, I know that this time next year, I'll be thankful for what God has done for me and what He has brought me through in 2012.

Peace, love and blessings as we leave 2011 and look to a new year that's fresh and one filled with endless possibilities. Be joyful friends because God is good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment