Sunday, January 3, 2010

..resolutions..

Every year I make resolutions, which I typically fail to keep. This year, I'm hoping that in my more mature age, that maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to keep some of the resolutions I would like to make. So in order to maybe keep myself accountable, I'm going to record them.


So this year, I resolve to:

1. Get in shape--it's been on the agenda for about the past 6ish years....with a variance of up and down success. I'm hoping 2010 will be the year, I get in shape and stay in shape.
2. Learn how to be content being single. This one will only be accomplished by fully relying on God to help me learn how to find my identity in Him by only pursuing and seeking His love and affirmation--and not seeking to find it in the affirmation of a boy.
3. Read my Bible and pray on a regular basis. I really do fail miserably at this every year. I might do it good for a month or two...but then I get lazy and "busy".
4. Decide what I want to do with the rest of my life i.e. graduate school, applying to another job, etc.
5. Be a more virtuous person. See: http://engagewithgod.wordpress.com/


So that about sums up what I'm hoping to really focus on in this new year. I can't believe it's already 2010.

Happy New Year, my friends. I pray that God uses 2010 to show you new and amazing things and blesses your lives greatly.

1 comment: