Saturday, January 9, 2010

some thoughts

Being in the 9th day of 2010, I figured I should blog. Just because. And just because I'm hoping to get a little bit better about keeping up with this thing. I don't always know what to say on here...not knowing who all reads/follows me on here. I've contemplated blogging on different issues, writing down song ideas, keeping everyone updated on my oh-so-busy and very social life--haha. I mean as of now, 2010 has not been very busy, crazy, or social for me. I've worked, and done my church obligations. I made that sound bad, I don't know what other word to use for me teaching the two year old class every Sunday. I also had practice for Engage this past Tuesday night. Other than that, I've stayed home and relaxed. It's been so cold, I've not wanted to leave the house. I did hang out with two of my good friends who I've not seen in a while. It's always good to see people you haven't seen in a long time and catch up with them about their lives...until your entire conversations with people are completely revolved around every person we know who is either dating someone new, engaged, gotten married, or pregnant. That seems to be the major topic lately, seeing as how so many more people that I know and am friends with have gotten engaged over the past 6 months to a year. It's pretty crazy. Slowly but surely, my friend group is getting married off. There are still several who are in the same boat as me. Single and no signs of that changing....although things can happen super fast as it has for a few recently engaged friends of mine. It's crazy how quickly things can change. Yes, I do say this a lot but it still amazes me. I mean this time last year I was a senior in college. Now, one year later, I have a full time job. That is a lot of change. I mean not much else has changed in my life. But it is a lot different to not be getting ready to go back to school for the spring semester. It does make me a little sad, just because I remember so many good memories from my last semester at Campbell. But, alas, life is still good. Life is good because I have everything that I need. I'm not a poor, starving college graduate without a job. I have a job, a place to live, friends, etc. There are a couple things that I would like to have, but patience is a virtue. So like I said in my last post....I'm going to try to be a more virtuous person in 2010. I am proud of myself though. I'm working towards my goal of getting in shape. I went to the Y this week and am hoping to go at least 3 mornings a week. I get up and go around 6:15ish so I can get a workout in before I go to work. That way, I have nights free to do whatever. So I really can't complain, I don't have a lot of hardships right now. There are things that I make too hard, but my life isn't hard. So for that I'm thankful. And I know I'm very blessed. So I guess I'll close down my blog for tonight with this--it's one of my favorite verses and one that really has a lot of meaning to the place that I am in my life right now: "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3--I urge you to think about the meaning of the verse--It doesn't say we will get what we want---but that if we commit what we do to God, by surrendering up our lives to Him, His plan for our life will richly bless us in ways we might never have thought, therefore, our plans will succeed. Because by surrendering we've allowed His plans to become our plans--letting God have reign over our lives--it's the best way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hey blogging cuz! I loved reading your post! Very encouraging! I know what you mean about friends being married off! It is crazy that we are that old! One of my friends got married this past summer. Another was engaged and another just got engaged! Yikes!
    I have to admit I feel like I miss out but I keep thanking God that I am not in the position b/c I would miss out on so much that He has done recently!
    Hope you are doing well! Miss all of you guys!

    ReplyDelete