Monday, August 10, 2009

-a glimpse of hope

So as I began this week, I began it in hopes of the future that I know God has in store for me. The sermon on Sunday was talking about confidence that we have in Christ because of our hope in Him and His complete and total care of our lives. He has His hand in every aspect of our lives and is in total control. How comforting to know that a God who created the universe and died for my sins has His hand working in my life? Wow. I certainly take that for granted way toooo much. I forget the grace and mercy that He has constantly bestowed upon me for the past 22, almost 23, years of my life. How is it that I forget that? I constantly wonder how people cannot believe in God and His power, yet I constantly forget how God has a plan for my life He seeks to have me involved. I am always planning out how I want things in my life to go, but I forget to seek God's guidance. No wonder I have so many problems. I am so screwed up, yet there is a perfect God who loves me and wants the very best for me. His best. How much better could my life get? Yes, it's not always going to be "rainbows and smiles" but how can I go wrong when I let Him rule my life? I know there will be a reward for my obedience and the blessing of God's grace, mercy, and love should be enough. I am so undeserving of it.

So, onto what I have on the front of my mind this evening. I have a job interview tomorrow at Childcare Network. It is the first interview since I have graduated from Campbell. I am anxiously excited. I do not do well with things like this and always lack the confidence. But why should I lack confidence when I have the God of the universe on my side? So I am going to try to lean on that promise and confidence that I have in that hope. I know what I'm doing and talking about. I have been as adequately prepared as possible. I have been given the gifts and talents to work with children, and I am to use those, lest they be taken away because I am not being obedient. God will bless my life according to my obedience. He will open the doors that need to be opened so I can use what He has given me. I just need to trust. That is my prayer for the next 21ish hours until my interview tomorrow. I do not know what to expect. I have no idea what is going to be asked. But I will try not to worry. God will give me the strength and confidence that I need to get through it. And if it's God's will, the doors to this job will be opened to me. Then I can begin a new adventure in my life. A full time, for real life--real world job!

Until next time focusing on His peace and love.





I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my
prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 1:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment