Tuesday, August 25, 2009

it still has yet to hit me...

It has almost been one week since Campbell started classes, and I am not there. I am no longer required to attend 85% of my classes and complete my homework, projects, papers or study for exams. I should be jumping up and down right? Was I suppose to feel different? I don't feel anything except for a very blank--I can't really describe it--feeling. I'm not as upset or sad as I thought I was going to be. Maybe it's because I have other things to focus on now, like getting this job that I applied for. Although, I was offered a job...but I really want this other job...so that job I was offered is going to be declined. Please do not think me to be foolish, since I don't even know when I'm going to hear back about this job closer to home. I'm just leaning towards a slightly higher paying job that offers pretty awesome benefits and would allow me about a 15 minute total commute versus an hour or more[depending on traffic]. Yeah. Me with my lovely SUV--aka "The Tank" likes to average about 18 mpg. Hmmm. Cash for clunker?! I don't think so. It's paid off and runs well. So I think I'll keep it....until it falls apart. Haha Because regardless of where I'll be working, I'm still going to be pretty poor. Oh the joys of working to help spur on the youth of America to great things or helping others. Why do the jobs that really mean the most pay the least? --I get so sidetracked-- So I am still trying to patiently wait for the answer to my question. Am I going to get the job at Childcare Network? I sure hope so. I am very thankful though for the constant stream of babysitting job(s) over the past 12ish weeks. And thank goodness for free room and board. :)

I look forward to hearing all about my fellow college graduates' jobs. Two of whom begin their working journey tomorrow. Yay teachers! :) I might join the rank of teachers in a week or so...if the answer is yes. If not, I'll be back to square one. I also need to start studying for the GRE, so I can become a student once again. Whoopee!




Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment