Tuesday, August 4, 2009

some direction...

So I've decided to put some serious efforts into getting ready to apply to graduate school at UNCG. I am going to begin to study for the GRE and get everything prepared to apply...recommendations, transcripts, application, my job/professional philosophy/goals/etc, and apply for grants and scholarships. I won't be able to start until next fall, so I was unfortunate to not apply to begin this fall...but I hope the time will help to prepare me for the beginning of this next stage of schooling. But I know that I need and want to continue my education. Now I just need to focus my efforts on doing well on the GRE. Whew. I hate tests. I really do. But I can't let my hate of tests keep me from doing something that I think will be very challenging, exciting, and good for me. I know that grad school will do me a lot of good. So, I have some sense of direction. I will still continue to look for jobs, but I'm going to focus more on part time stuff or something that I could do for the next year until I would begin school. Then once school starts next fall, I plan on going full time and focus all my efforts on school. I am excited about this, and I look forward to what the next few years are going to bring to me intellectually, spiritually, personally, socially, etc....


This all thanks to the encouragement of my dear friend, Virginia. :)


Yay for some decisiveness!


until next time, peace and love.

1 comment:

  1. I love you dear! I miss you a lot and I really want you to come stay with me sometime in Coats! Really, you won't feel like you're back at CU, it's totally a different place in the world. :o) I'm glad to hear you're looking up--the Lord has so many great things for you. You are amazing, and I don't just throw that around. Love you.

    ReplyDelete