Friday, October 9, 2009

a review of my first week on the job--

I'm quite sure you are all so excited to hear all about my first week of work. So where to start. I guess the beginning. I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in the pre-k 4's class. I got to know all the kids in there and had finally begun to bond when I was put in the 5's on Thursday. Yeah, not so happy about that one and I'm pretty sure my face said it all when my boss told me she was putting me in there. They had 26 kids until 3 pm then they added 3 more! YIKES! Those fives will drive you absolutely insane because they are loud, and do not like to listen. There were some that had their sweet moments, and I guess all in all kids will be kids. But there were definitely some super cuties. There's a boy in there who reminds me of Spanky from Little Rascals. He has this little southern accent and he's so grown up. He's precious, and I wanted to take him home with me! Hahaha. Then there was another little boy who reminds me of Ralphie from A Christmas Story, he was a cutie, but no takey home with me. He was a MESS! But then today[Friday] I was put in the 3's class. How precious they are. Still messes, and they can get loud, but I enjoyed it so much more than the 5's. Although, I did love my 4's....they just have the funniest personalities! So that's about it for the first week. It's definitely going to be very interesting. We'll see how working with all the people there works out. I'm typically a peacekeeper kinda person, and I don't want to mess with things or make people feel threatened. I guess in a way I feel left out because I don't know how everything works and I haven't been working with these people for a long period of time. The one person who I love to see everyday is Ashley. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get put into the same classroom...once the director figures out that the other teacher may not be right for the classroom. Idk. The 3's are probably going to be my place come January when one of the teachers leave, so yeah. But I liked them. There are some super cuties in there, and I love the fact that some of the kids are bilingual! So cool.


So yeah....that was my life this past week. I was super busy all day then I had stuff going on every night except last night and tonight. THANK GOODNESS! I need "me" time. For real. I get tired of being around people[adults, teens, kids] all day. I also enjoy talking to adults[aka my friends and my family at home] because I don't get a lot of adult-like conversations during the day. Haha. I'm really excited about this weekend. Alicia is coming to visit me tomorrow and we're gonna hang out for the day. Sunday is the launch of the new service, although, I do have some choice words, but will refrain from mentioning those words. It's going to be a busy weekend with another busy week next week. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving vacation! :) I'm also hoping I don't get the flu. I feel like I'm turning into an "older" person. I go to bed at 10, get up at 6, work out, come home and get ready for work--take my vitamins[lol], go to work from 9-6, then come home and have various activities every night. Two of my nights consist of commitments at 6:30. I have basically zero time. Weekends are going to be treasured....and ESPECIALLY sleeping in.


---sorry for the ramble of nonsense that probably doesn't even make sense...my brain is just mush!

No comments:

Post a Comment